Gen Steventon Award
We offer this award in memory of Gen Steventon, who is one of the founding members of Friends for Mental Health. This award is given to a volunteer who has contributed to the mission of our organization.
Françoise Vien Award
The award is in honor of Françoise Vien, an amazing woman who contributed so much to the development of several mental health organizations in the West Island, including: Friends for Mental Health, Community Perspective in Mental Health, Services Intervention Psycho-Social (SIPS) – the Crisis Centre, The Federation of Families and Friends of the People with Mental Illness (FFAPAMM) and Équipe Entreprise.)
In addition, she was involved as a volunteer and Board Member on several other important committees and community organizations on local, regional and national levels.
A truly exceptional and inspiring woman!!!
Friends for Mental Health strives to recognize those who contribute to the advancement of the needs of families dealing with the mental health disorder of a loved one.
Criteria for Award
The critera for the award is the following:
• Direct impact on family access to services for the family
• Awareness of and support for the needs of families
• The degree of involvement by families in the decision making process of the delivery of services in mental health: participation on committees, strategic planning, etc
• Most innovative ways to reach out to families and keep at forefront of preoccupations and planning
• Creative ways to include families
• Constantly promotes our services
• Openness, flexibility, and responsiveness to needs of families
Click here to view the recipients from 2012 to 2015.