Gen Steventon award
We offer this award in the memory of Gen Steventon, a founding member of Friends for mental health, to a volunteer who has largely contributed to our mission.
Françoise Vien Award
The award aims to honor Françoise Vien, an amazing woman who has contributed so much to the development of several mental health organizations in the West Island (Friends for Mental Health, Community Perspective in Mental Health , Services Intervention Psycho-social (SIPS) – Crisis Centre, The Federation of Families and Friends of the people with mental illness (FFAPAMM) and Équipe Entreprise.)
In addition, she was involved as a volunteer or board member on several other important committees and community organizations on local, regional and national levels.
A truly exceptional and inspiring woman!!!
Friends for Mental Health strives to recognize those who are sensitive and contribute to the advancement of the needs of families dealing with the mental health disorder of a loved one.
Criteria for award
The following criteria will guide evaluation of contributions and improvements to the advancement of family needs facing the mental health disorder of a loved one.
• Direct impact on family access to services for the family
• Awareness of and support for the needs of families
• Degree of involvement by families in the decision making process of the delivery of services in mental health: participation on committees, strategic planning, etc
• Most innovative ways to reach out to families and keep at forefront of preoccupations and planning
• Creative ways to include families
• Constantly promotes FMH services
• Openness, flexibility, and responsiveness to needs of families
Click here to view the recipients from 2012 to 2015.